Naviance Student is a software program offering a wide range of college search tools, career assessments, and college admissions data based on West Orange High School alumni.
Students may view detailed information about a college or university, including the number of students who have applied, been accepted, and attended that school – all based on West Orange High School alumni. This is an important factor, as students are evaluated for college admission based on the context of their high school.
Naviance Student is available to student in Grades 6th, 7th and 8th. Naviance is used to assess students learning styles and to explore college and career opportunities. the information that students provide in Naviance Student can be updated annually better preparing students for what will be expected during the high school years.
Naviance Student also has these capabilities:
- Utilize career tools – When students are looking for more insight about career options, Naviance can help. By clicking on "explore careers" students can learn specific information about man careers, including job description, salaries, outlook, education and more.
- Watch videos of professionals - With RoadTrip Nation, students will be able to watch more than 3500 videos of professionals being interviewed and explaining what their job entails, why they decided to work in this position, how they became who they are and what path the chose. Students can search by theme, interest, leader or playlist.
- Research colleges – Perform a college search based on criteria like location, size, student body, and more.
- Create a resume - Students can start looking at this option and enter some information, such as extra-curricular activities.
- More options - Naviance allows students to take a personality assessment, participate in school-wide surveys, communicate with their School Counselor, and recieve important messages.
How to Access Naviance Student as a Student:
All students are assigned a registration code to allow them to access the Naviance system. Moving forward, these codes will be distributed to all 6th grade students during advisory classes. The same username and password will be used each year until the student graduates from WOHS.
Once they have their log-in information, students can access Naviance by going to the district website under the "Student" tab and click "Connect to Naviance" or go to https://student.naviance.com/rveltmiddle
- Go to the "Connect to Naviance"
- Enter the registration code in the space provided under the "New User" section of the page and click "Register."
- Enter an email address (required for all users) and create a password. We recommend for students to use their Student ID number as their password.
- Complete the registration procedures as instructed.
- If you have already registered, you may enter your email address and password to sign in. If you have forgotten your password, click on "Forgot Password" to have it sent to your email address. If you have changed your email address, log in with the email address you used to create your account. Then go to "My Account" to update your email address. If you have any questions, please contact your School Counselor.
How to Access Naviance Student as a Parent/Guardian:
There are two ways that a parent/guardian may access Naviance.
- Once students register, they may share their username/password with their parents in order to navigate through the various features of the system.
- Parents/Guardians can also access Naviance Student with their own registration code mailed to them when their child was in 6th grade. The process to register is the same as for a student. - Please refer to the section above.