Hazel Avenue School Counselor
Hello everyone and welcome to HAZEL'S School Counseling Corner!
Our school counselors are certified professionals who assist students, teachers, parents/guardians, and administrators. School counselors help all students to develop their educational, social, career, and personal-emotional strengths and to become responsible and productive citizens. Their work is specific to the developmental stages of growth and related issues, tasks, and challenges. The K-5 school counselors are responsible for:
- Implementing a guidance curriculum and counseling program to all students;
- Providing counseling to individuals and groups of students;
- Helping students in transition;
- Consulting with and providing training to staff;
- Participating in activities which contribute to the effective operation of the school;
- Planning and evaluating the counseling program; and,
- Pursuing ongoing professional growth.
Please feel free to contact your child's school counselor with any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Delisa Jackson, M.A., NCC
Hazel Avenue Elementary School
45 Hazel Ave.
West Orange, NJ 07052
Phone: 973-669-5448 x. 22601
In case of an emergency please contact 911
Referrals for students to see me: Click Here