WEST ORANGE, NJ - After many hours of hard work, students at Kelly Elementary School proudly displayed their class STEAM projects at the STEAM Fair on May 18.
Each grade worked on different STEAM components, including:
- Kindergarten students created STEAM Zoos
- First grade students completed a paper airplane challenge
- Second grade students launched rockets and designed index card towers
- Third grade students did a Walking Water challenge, Water filtration stations, and a 21 Elephants building challenge
- Fourth grade students designed marble runs
- Fifth grade students tested their skills with the popular egg drop experiment, as teachers dropped their inventions from the roof
"As the Acting Superintendent and soon-to-be Superintendent of the West Orange School, I am committed to academic excellence at every grade level," said Hayden Moore, who stopped by the STEAM Fair as both leader and parent.
"Events like the STEAM Fair give our students the opportunity to learn important skills in a fun environment," he continued, "and we will continue to develop a curriculum that challenges all our students."
SEE ALL THE PHOTOS FROM THE KELLY STEAM FAIR HERE.
Acting Superintendent Hayden Moore with son Nicholas
The egg drop commences