- For Immediate Help
- My3: Although no parent wants to think of their child as feeling suicidal, it's important to talk about if that's what's happening. This app gives kids a tool for those critical moments. It includes a three person contact list to call for help if they're in despair (911 and the National Suicide Hotline are automatically included) a self-created safety plan and other resources.
- Calm Harm - Manages Self Harm: When teens feel compelled to harm themselves in times of distress, this app offers them lots of ways to derail those impulses under categories like Comfort, Distract and Breathe. After they choose a method, they set a timer so they can move on when the urge passes.
- For Ongoing Support
- HappiMe for Young People: This walks kids thru 4 steps: Learn, Recognize, Deal With Your Emptions and Replace. It helps kids picture their thoughts as something separate from themselves.
- Virtual Hope Box: This tool uses three modes - Remind Me, Distract Me and Relax Me (to help teens stay connected during stressful times). Teens can store images (personal photos, memes) and activities (songs, quotations or games) to use when they need to.
13 Reasons Why
- For a Positive Focus
- Apart of Me: This app uses a gentle adventure-game approach to tackle tough topics. By exploring a beautiful world, getting guidance from its characters and doing periodic meditations, kids can learn about some tools for handling tough times.
- My Gratitude Journal: This inspirational app uses the proven method of expressing gratitude to improve mood and well-being. Every day, kids list five things they're grateful for and embellish their entries with photos and emojis.
- Preventing Youth Suicide (Facts & Tips)
- Preventing Youth Suicide: Tips for Parents & Educators
- Netflix - 13 Reasons Why Info
- Netflix - 13 Reasons Why Discussion Guide
- For Immediate Help
Student Assistance Counselor
Liberty Middle School and Roosevelt Middle School
Welcome to the home page of the Liberty and Roosevelt Middle School Student Assistance Counseling Program. You can use this page to learn more about the SAC program in Liberty and Roosevelt and also to access resources.The Student Assistance Counselor at Liberty and Roosevelt Middle Schools is Ms. Heidi Brotzman.HoursMondays, Tuesdays, Friday mornings (RMS)Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday afternoons (LMS)Contact Information:973-669-5373 x29602 (RMS)973-243-2007 x29602 (LMS)Office LocationsRoom 105 (RMS)School Counseling Office 2 (LMS)