Thomas A. Edison Middle School, as a multicultural and diverse learning community, prepares each student for academic, social, and personal success by providing a transitionally safe, supportive, challenging and meaningful educational experience.
- We will strive to develop and implement a plan to ensure each student demonstrates responsibility and respect for themselves and the learning community.
- We will strive to create a family/student/teacher partnership in order for each student to achieve academic and personal success.
- We will strive to provide meaningful and challenging educational activities that are appropriate for each student’s academic, social, and personal development.
- We will strive to expose the students to proven educational methods that are designed to enhance the student’s educational process and help transition the student into Middle School socialization and academics.
- We will strive to create a community of creative thinkers and life- long learners who will have the ability to think, assess, and respond correctly and responsibly as young adults.
The mission of the West Orange Public Schools is to engage in an energetic partnership with all components of this culturally-diverse community, to marshal resources to assist all students to reach their full potential through an academic emphasis on the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards, to promote the highest quality intellectual and human relations development of our pupils, and to instill in all students the knowledge and decision-making skills essential to make appropriate choices and successfully meet the challenges they will encounter as productive members of society.
EDISON PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES
November 17-19, 2014
Our upcoming Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for
November 17-19, 2014 from 12:30-3:30 p.m.
Our Pick-A-Time Appointment System is now available here on the Edison Middle School website
beginning Monday, November 3, 2014.
Parents should use this system to schedule an appointment to meet with their child's individual teachers.
Please click on the link below.
If you have any questions regarding scheduling an appointment, please contact your child's Guidance Counselor.
Yellow/Green/Purple Teams - Mr. Lafoon (ext. 28602)
Blue/Orange Teams - Mrs. Stewart (ext. 28603)
EDISON MIDDLE SCHOOL PARENT SURVEY
Here at Edison Middle School, we want to make sure that we are helping each of our students achieve excellence and need your input to accomplish this goal.
Our Parent Survey is one way we can partner by gathering parental feedback on how Edison Middle School is doing.
Please take a few minutes to complete the survey. Your participation is completely confidential.
Parent Survey (English)
Parent Survey (Spanish)