Thomas A. Edison Middle School, as a multicultural and diverse learning community, prepares each student for academic, social, and personal success by providing a transitionally safe, supportive, challenging and meaningful educational experience.
- We will strive to develop and implement a plan to ensure each student demonstrates responsibility and respect for themselves and the learning community.
- We will strive to create a family/student/teacher partnership in order for each student to achieve academic and personal success.
- We will strive to provide meaningful and challenging educational activities that are appropriate for each student’s academic, social, and personal development.
- We will strive to expose the students to proven educational methods that are designed to enhance the student’s educational process and help transition the student into Middle School socialization and academics.
- We will strive to create a community of creative thinkers and life- long learners who will have the ability to think, assess, and respond correctly and responsibly as young adults.
The mission of the West Orange Public Schools is to engage in an energetic partnership with all components of this culturally-diverse community, to marshal resources to assist all students to reach their full potential through an academic emphasis on the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards, to promote the highest quality intellectual and human relations development of our pupils, and to instill in all students the knowledge and decision-making skills essential to make appropriate choices and successfully meet the challenges they will encounter as productive members of society.
Please see important letter that went home on 12/17/14 regarding our PARCC Preparation Program
PARCC Assessment Letter for Parents.doc