Naviance is a software program offering a wide range of college search tools, career assessments, and college admissions data based on West Orange High School alumni. West Orange High School has been utilizing Naviance since 2008 to assist students in their college search and career planning process.
Naviance can show current students the average GPA and standardized test scores of accepted students from West Orange High School at 3,500+ colleges and universities (student identities are protected). In addition, students may view detailed information about a college or university, including the number of students who have applied, been accepted, and attended that school – all based on West Orange High School alumni. This is an important factor, as students are evaluated for college admission based on the context of their high school.
Naviance also has these capabilities:
- Organize applications – Once senior year begins, students will find that Naviance becomes a personal filing system. Using the features under “colleges”, students can organize applications and track deadlines.
- Research colleges – Perform a college search based on criteria like location, size, student body, and more. Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from West Orange High School students who have applied and been admitted.
- View college overlaps – Students often find schools that are a good academic fit, but want more schools just like it. By clicking on overlaps, students can see up to 10 more schools that are similar. This data is compiled through application analysis. Students who apply to one school will typically apply to the 10 college overlaps.
- Sign up for college visits – West Orange High School hosts individual college visits. Students can find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions.
- Utilize career tools – When students are looking for more insight about career options, Naviance can help. Through the Career Interest Profiler (“explore interests”) students can match their interests to specific careers (John Holland Career Theory). By clicking on “explore careers” students can learn specific information about many careers, including job description, salaries, outlook, education, and more.
- More options - Naviance allows students to take a personality assessment, search for scholarships, participate in school-wide surveys, communicate with their counselor, and create a resume.
How to Access Naviance as a Student:
All students are assigned a registration code to allow them
to access the Naviance system. These codes will be distributed to all 9th grade
students during a “Freshman Seminar”. If students have forgotten their registration
code they can see their school counselor. During the lunch periods on designated days
all students can experience Naviance with the school counselors by attending
work sessions in designated computer labs.
After students have received their registration code, they
can access Naviance by going to the WOHS district website under Guidance
and click “Connect to Naviance” or go to http://connection.naviance.com/wohsnj.
to the Connect to Naviance.
the registration code in the space provided under the “New User” section
of the page and click “Register.”
an email address (required for all users) and create a password. We recommend to students to use their
student ID number as their password.
the registration procedures as instructed.
- If you are already registered you may enter your email
address and password to sign in. If you have forgotten your password click
“forgot your password” to have it sent to your email address. If you have
changed your email address, log in with the email address you used to
create your account. Then, go to “my account” to update your email
address. If you have any questions, please contact your school counselor.
How to Access Naviance as a Parent/Guardian:
There are two ways that a parent/guardian may access
students register, they may share their username/password with their
parents in order to navigate through the various features of the system.
- Parents/Guardians may contact the school counselor in
order to obtain a registration code.
How to Access Naviance as a Guest:
To view Naviance without registering, use the “Guest Entrance” after clicking Connect to Naviance. Please note that parents/guardians will not be able to view their son’s/daughter’s information when registered as a guest; however, several features of Naviance will still be available for viewing.